[Harp-L] Sweet Georgia Brown (was: Country tuning)

Guys,
I think the real answer is that Sweet Georgia Brown IS in F, although the tune begins on the VI7 chord, D7. Pretty cool tune as you never even hear the F chord until the middle and end of the 32 bar progression (bar 13 & 29.)
Positions mean something, but really not that much in the grand scheme of things... IMHO.
And I agree that country tuning is kind of a give take on this as you really only need the F# on a C harp for bars 1-4 and 17-20, otherwise the tune is basically in F with some G7's here and there.
Learn to overblow and/or play it on a chromatic, there are always compromises on our instrument...

Michael Peloquin

http://www.usaharmonicas.com

http://harpsax.com

http://myspace.com/peloquinharpsax