[Harp-L] Re: GM harps

Amen to bringing back the last generation of yellow brass.  If I
understand Steve Baker correctly, the reason Hohner developed the
current alloy/profile/milling was to get reeds that never, ever break
off and expose the company to liability suits.  I understand their
concern; the result, however, is harmonicas that some people never,
ever want to buy again.

Hohner ought to bring back the last yellow brass reed type, and try
tuning it with something other than a diagonal slash at the base if
they want to cut down on catastrophic failures.  Easy for me to say, I
know, but I can spare two cents from what I spend to buy other brands
now.

Stephen Schneider