Re: [Harp-L] FLAT!! But Maybe Not??

I have resorted to carrying my digital tuner with me and try to get a
note from the band before playing (and get a reading on the tuner if
possible, without being too conspicuous).

That way I can at least correlate what my tuner says about the band,
what I know my harmonicas to be (442 or whatever), and the sound I
experience playing with the group.

Or at the very least, I play a note with someone from the group before
the tune to avoid any surprises.

I have decided in general that a 442 harp sounds good with instruments
tuned around 440, a 444 harp with instruments at 442, etc.

What a rotten feeling!

I suppose you could also have tried any of your harps from the
audience (softly) while they were playing previous tunes just to
check.

I haven't really gotten as far as carrying a number of different harps
at 440, 442, 444, etc...