Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 90, Issue 45

This might help as well..............Since you hate  Wal-Mart .Go to Home Depot / Lowes   (plumbing department)  or any home improvement or plumbing store  and take a look at pipe insulation (NOT THE FIBERGLASS TYPE (you probably get itchy lips).

In either case the foam type comes in many diameters and it seems, density's. As well you can get it precut (linear cut) or as a solid piece.

I would guess that the more dense foam will hold its shape a bit better and the softer might seal a little better.

They also use a rubber cement type of glue but I WOULD BE CAUTIOUS about any toxicity issues but I'm not a chemist or a toxicologist so I cant make any informed safety suggestions.

There is also another option that may work. Your local plastics company should sell different diameter plastic ( acrylic or polycarbnate ) tubbing , I believe they should have different colors.

I believe I saw John Paris use the acrylic tube thing with Johny Winter in the 80's

Just think a couple of led's, a wafer battery................................Instant light show....................Dane Paul