Re: [Harp-L] LaVoie Titanium harmonicas

Hello,
I built those Titanium combs and anothers, just as curious person to
experiment and improve my harps. Exactly I built 5 HH270 combs, and only
using two of them the others are on the box and at moment not for sale. That
article details the exact way I built them, not using expensive CNC millling
machines, with a cost of 400-600 euros for only make those 24 channels per
piece, apart, material, milling external dimensions, drill and screw holes,
coat or not, as ejemple TiN coating was about 100 euros. With this you can
figure the piece will be very expensive, but how some friends asked me about
a theorical final price I told them about 700 euros, but there are some work
shops out there to ask...

When I finish some others titanium combs that I am working (chrom an
diatonic models) I´ll write some others articles and for sure I´ll translate
to english, just to share how they were built and why they are cheaper than
milling ones, meanwhile, who can say me my Hard Bopper sounds
equal/different than others with wood/plastics combs??? I could...
:-)

Anyway if anyone want to hear some more about diferent ways to build metal
combs and my experience, feel free to email me.

Andrés
http://www.harmonicaspain.com