[Harp-L] Re: Shure CM US made elements

JT30.com has some replacement magnetic elements for $30. I haven't tried them, but Keith says they sound good, and he is a reputable guy. Otherwise, check in with mic builders like Tom Ellis and Dave Kott. Be prepared to open your wallet. Either you spend your time looking for a bargain or you spend your money and just get one. The going rate is $50 and up. Since the original Astatic crystals and the Shure magnetics are no longer made, the price will continue to climb.

Good Luck,

Tim Dougherty
www.HarpMicGaskets.com

At 06:05 AM 12/28/2004, you wrote:
Am Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2004 06:06 schrieb Dina Janzen:

> I'd appreciate leads on nice Shure CM US made elements.

Go to ham radio fleamarkets. There you'll find lots of cheap vintage mics with
Shure CM or CR elements. I found one for US$ 12 here in Germany, although
Shure isn't to usual here amongst ham radio guys. But in the US...
One of the biggest is the Ham Vention in Dayton/Ohio, that's usually in May.

cu,
Ralf